Thursday, June 20, 2013

One of my friends on Facebook found this article and posted it in my DI support group and I thought that I would share it with all of you. I thought that it was very informative and covered all the bases.

  Here is the link.  http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/183251.php#.

Enjoy!

My symptoms before diagnosed:

  • Extreem thirst (I drank 3.5+ gallons of ICE COLD water a day)
  • Polyuria (running to the restroom every 15-30 minutes all day)
  • Nocturia (every 15 minutes - 2 hours)
  • Orthostatic Hypotension (as well as a general feeling of being very lightheaded all the time)
  • Tremors
  • Cold hands and feet
  • Dry skin
  • Lack of ability to produce tears
  • Extreem fatigue
  • a general feeling of being unwell
  • And I have to admit to being irritable at times. :) 

My first endocrinologist thought that my thirst is what caused my polyuria and so he told us.... "Its just like the chicken and egg paradox - which came first the chicken or the egg, except we were dealing with - which came first  the extreme thirst or the extreme urination?" We did not fully know the answer to that paradox until I started taking DDAVP. Now, we know that the thirst comes after I have already dumped for about an hour. 

I can't imagine life without DDAVP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment