Friday, October 18, 2013

The Personality of D. Isipidus

I am realizing more and more that the effectiveness of my DDAVP is related to my stress and excitement level. If I have an extremely exciting day, the likely hood is that my medicine will wear out early. If I have something that I am really worried about, my DDAVP will wear out early. If my day goes smoothly without a bunch of excitement then I do fine and my meds. last a normal amount of time. I have decided the reason is that my DI is competing for my attention. :)

When my Birthday rolled around this year, it even wanted to be the very first to wish me a Happy Birthday! Which normally would not be too bad. But in an effort to be the first, it woke me up at 2:00 on my birthday morning. I just had to chuckle. : ) But I had to remind it that a friend of mine had beat it to the first birthday wish the day before. I don't think that made my DI happy because then it woke me up again at 4:00.

It also decided that it had to compete for my attention when I was sick. In order to get the attention it wanted, it ignored the DDAVP. Finally when I gave it a little more DDAVP it calmed down and rested for a while, only to show up later full force. : )

It does like when I give it water, however, it returns the favor by sending me to the restroom just a couple minutes later.

All in all, I have come to a conclusion... My DI has PERSONALITY.



No comments:

Post a Comment