Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tattoo Tracks Sodium via an iPhone

Instead of having to check my blood sugar, I have to have monthly blood work done to keep tabs on my sodium levels. A while back I was browsing around the internet to see if there was any such thing as a sodium monitor and I ran across this article:  Tattoo Tracks Sodium and Glucose via an iPhone | MIT Technology Review

I actually got in contact with the lead scientist that is heading up this research and shared my story with her. Here is part of her reply to my e-mail: "Thank you so much for your email.... I am glad you reached out because we are particularly interested in the potential for the technology to help people struggling with Diabetes Insipidus. Emails like yours help us understand (and convince others) the critical need."

When I e-mailed her I was not exactly expecting a reply but was quite pleased to hear back from her. 

She also encouraged me to follow their progress at this link: www.neu.edu/nanosensors



1 comment: