Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pets

I don't know about all of my readers, but I am an animal lover. My family has two cats, a dog, and a rabbit, (I have included pictures of three of my pets at the end of this post) all of which are very loved and doddled over. Today's post is for all those animal lovers out there. I decided to do some looking and find out about some animals that have DI. I found out about a couple that I have provided links to the web-sights where you can read about them if you are interested. 

The first link I will share is about a dog named Tigger. It looks as if this story was from 1998. http://brindleweb.com/pets/tigdi.html
If you want to see a picture of the dog click on this link  http://brindleweb.com/pets/tigger.php

The next link will bring you to a web-sight that shares a couple different pet stories. http://www.petdiabetes.com/pdorg/diabetes_insipidus.htm#Ziggy

Again I hope that you enjoy these!!

Below is my cat Dusty





My cat Princess (most often called Prissy - because she is prissy) 










And my dog Precious (sorry that it's not the best quality of picture)









1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if you know the answer to this, but I noticed when reading the pet stories that the renal diabetes insipidus/Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus is harder or impossible to treat in animals. I know that the kind you have is the central DI, but do you know if that difficulty of treating the other kind of DI is the same with humans as it is with animals?

    ReplyDelete